Friday 6 September 2013

Adventures in testing - Veganissimo by Leigh Drew

It is VeganMoFo this month, so I know most of you will be in a flurry of writing and reading blog posts. I am not taking part in VeganMoFo this year, I am just trying to get back in to blogging on a semi regular basis.

Earlier this year I was able to test for a brand new cookbook, written by Australian vegan cook extraordinaire (and my friend) Leigh Drew. The book comes out in November, but I am able to share some photos of what you can look forward to! I know everyone has a lot to read this month, so I present to you just some glorious photos!

Burgers - Lentil Burger with Peanut Sauce, Pickled Carrot and Daikon
Lentil Burger with Peanut Sauce, Pickled Carrot and Daikon
Burgers - Roasted Tempeh and Vegetable Burger
Roasted Tempeh and Vegetable Burger
Cakes - Soft Gingerbread Molasses Cake
Soft Gingerbread Molasses Cake
Cheeses - Cashew Chive Creme Cheese
Cashew Chive Creme Cheese
Cheeses - Mozarella
Mozarella - this is seriously amazing! You will love this! Plus gluten free.
Tart - Chocolate Mousse Tart with Raspberries
Chocolate Mousse Tart with Raspberries
Cheesy Onion Scones
Cheese Onion Scones
Chocolate Raspberry Muffin
Chocolate Raspberry Muffin (with a gooey chocolate surprise)
Corn Fritters with Tartar Sauce
Corn Fritters with Tartar Sauce
Farinata
Farinata
Potato Waffle
Potato Waffle
Scallion Pancakes
Scallion Pancakes
Potato Gratin; Green Beans Cookies with Garlic, Tomato adnd Olive Oil
Potato Gratin; Green Beans with Garlic, Tomato and Olive Oil
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Butternut Squash
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Butternut Squash
Lemon Garlic Dal; Steamed Basmati with Sweet Spices
Lemon Garlic Dal; Steamed Basmati with Sweet Spices
Baigan Bharta; Tandoori Cauliflower Cheese
Baigan Bharta; Tandoori Cauliflower Cheese

The book is called 'Veganissimo! Beautiful Vegan Food' by the amazing Leigh Drew and it will be available on the 15th of November. It is already available for pre-order on Booktopia.

I had a lot of fun testing for Leigh's book. Over the last couple of months I have also been testing for Julie Hasson's new casserole cookbook. Hopefully I will have an upcoming post to share with some photos from that soon!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post


2013-02-16 07.32.08


The lovely Lucie is one of Leigh's beloved kitties. Leigh has looked after Lucie since she was teeny and tiny, and now Lucy is a grand old lady. She is gorgeous.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those recipes look and sound fantastic! Scallion pancakes get me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Susan and now I'm dying to try the recipes from the first phase of testing which I missed out on - especially those burgers and cheeses.

    Leigh's recipes are so delicious - I really loved the scallion pancakes, green beans with garlic and all of those curries particularly the tandoori cauliflower cheese. I'm really looking forward to the launch of Veganissimo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    This post brings back so many happy memories of testing for this book. There were so many really wonderful and delicious delights. I use Leigh's pancake and cheese recipes all the time now, but need to re-visit so many others. The burgers! Those choc raspberry muffins! I can't wait for the book to be released!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy amazingness!! I'm gonna get this book in my greedy little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, everything looks fantastic! I'm especially loving the look of the choco raspberry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me with the first photo, I love peanut sauce on burgers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, all of it looks amazing, I can't pick my favourite pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! I'm happy to see a post from you and happy to see all those amazing photos!! so many tempting things - the scones and the cake and the scallion pancakes!! Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MoFo can be fun but also exhausting, so I don't blame you for starting to blog again at your own pace.

    So mucy yummy in one post! The Mozarella! Is it soy free? I gotta tell you that the tandoori cauliflower cheese broke my brain. It cannot think about anything other than tandoori cauliflower cheese anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw a picture of the cover of this book and I wanted to eat it! Which reminds me one of my former felines did chew up the picture of a casserole on a magazine cover.

    But your photos look good as well, nice to see the book lives up to the cover photo. It's on my list for sure now.

    ReplyDelete